First things first, we wanted to share an important update with you: telehealth in Cliniko is remaining free. There hasn’t been a charge for it since it was launched in 2020, but it had come with the note of “free for now”. Well, the “for now” bit is no more, and telehealth is, simply and officially, free.
Now, onto what happened during September!
- If a patient case has a budget, the remaining invoiceable amount will now show up on an appointment that is related to that case.
- A business address is no longer required if you’re not including that clinic in online bookings whatsoever.
- The ordering of invoice items on account statements now matches up with how the same items are displayed on the invoices themselves.
- When editing repeating appointments, you’ll notice some improvements!
- There’s a new “users” addition to data exports.
- The patient recall report wasn’t displaying correctly if the patient didn’t have an address on file, but this has now been fixed!
- Notes on unavailable blocks weren’t being added to repeating occurrences (if you had scheduled the block as a repeat!). This has been fixed!
Would you like to write an article for the Cliniko blog? If you have an idea or some knowledge that you’d like to share with allied health professionals around the world, we’d love to hear more about it! Submit your proposal here.
Cliniko is now partnered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, the UK’s leading physiotherapy membership organisation. Read about what this means for you.
What do healthcare marketing agencies do, and do you need one? Marketing Director Louis Meletiou takes you through how these agencies can help practices, and how to choose the right agency for your clinic.
Should you use virtual assistants (VAs) for your clinic? They can be a popular stopgap for easing the growing pains of a new clinic—this blog post will offer you some insight on whether or not VAs might be right for you!
How much should you be charging your patients? Allied health business coach Blake Sargent offers some guidance on pricing your clinic’s services.
That’s all for this month—we’ll be back with another update at the end of October!