I’ve this week switched to using Cliniko for my telehealth clients; I’ve been using Zoom throughout lockdown. I’ve swapped to reduce the number of software packages that I am using as well as for some better security. I’m nervous what the future pricing will be, but decided to try it anyway. There are some features which I’m already missing:
- Clients are disappointed that they can’t hide their own camera view. Some people are really self-conscious about themselves and find seeing their picture distracting and want to switch it off.
- The ability to send attachments and links in chats. Sometimes clients want to send me an image/pdf and vice-versa, and we now can’t do that.
- The image quality is worse. I think Zoom has software which is more forgiving for poor signal, so shows a better picture. I’ve had some really pixelated calls this week which is a problem.
- A notification that a chat has been received. You can’t see it in full screen mode at all and can be a helpful way of communicating if sound/picture goes - often people are in full flow and don’t know something is wrong at the other end.
- The waiting room feature was great as a clinician you can ensure that your screen and positioning is correct (change any settings, the camera you’re using etc) before connecting with the client. I’m now having to open Zoom, open my own room, check the screen and positioning, close it and then open the link in Cliniko. What a faff!
- Somehow allow new clients to be able to check their settings before a session. I spoke to someone on your team, and we did a workaround, by creating a fake appointment. Not ideal as I then needed to know what time the client wanted to log on as there is a short window. In Zoom, people can log in anytime. This could be something that’s on the Cliniko main website which we could send clients to to physically check that they can access their microphone etc. I don’t want to be doing this in the session itself.
Completely new feature
- Please could you show a clock in full screen view. I have to have a portable clock next to the laptop as I want to be able to see clients clearly in full screen mode, but this blocks out the clock in the timebar. Please can you show this on the screen? Having clients on full screen helps with video fatigue which a lot of us are experiencing.
Thanks very much for listening!