Scan function straight into files from mobile devices or scanner

Would be very handy to be able to scan documents directly into the files of the patients. Currently have to scan (I use tiny scanner on my iphone) upload .pdf to computer (I use google drive) then upload the .pdf file to the patients file section. Quite a few steps.
Even if initially it was just taking a photo and saving in .jpeg that would be handy

4 Likes

Yep, I’m with you on this one Mark_Jans!

Plus one for me - makes perfect sense

While there isn’t a way to upload documents directly from a scanner there is a way to take a photo so it directly uploads to Cliniko :raised_hands:!

Here is a video of the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt7LZE58APk&feature=youtu.be&t=108

Hi Rachel

I appreciate that and thanks for the reply but a photo and a scan are entirely different beasts. When you take a scan on an iPhone or ipad you only scan the document and no background - also you can append more than one page so front and back of a document can be in the same file - completely different to taking photos. I would have thought this would be an easy addition to the Cliniko software unless there is one sort of software copyright issue.

Best regards

Steve Wells BSc(Hons) Podiatry
Clinical Director
Epsom Footcare

No worries, @Wellsyboy.

@Mark_Jans had mentioned that he was looking to upload photos directly from the mobile camera.

As you mentioned though, you’re looking to properly scan instead of taking a photo copy of the document. While we don’t have any upcoming plans to add this, one final workaround that could work is scanning the document using the Files iOS App or another 3rd party app that allows you to scan documents.

You can then upload that file directly within Cliniko.

Just select Add File → Browse → Locations . From here you can upload files from Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

We may add something built directly into Cliniko but again no immediate plans at the moment.

Hi. I currently use tiny scanner pro and have it auto save to google drive then upload to cliniko from there. Photos arent really a long term option. rarely are reports just one page and photos look terrible. Tiny scanner pdf’s it and it looks like a proper scan.

Yes - that’s what we do now - just would cut out a step if we could scan directly into cliniko.

Best regards

Steve Wells BSc(Hons) Podiatry
Clinical Director
Epsom Footcare