Resend appointment reminders and confirmation emails?

Hi, occasionally I need to resend appointment reminders or booking confirmations, for example:

• if I had the incorrect mobile phone number for a client. For example I recently had a sms reply for a new client saying ‘wrong number’ - oops! One digit had been entered incorrectly. So I re-entered the correct number but do not have the abililty to resend the reminder, short of cancelling the appointment and rebooking it, which may confuse the client as they’d also receive a booking confirmation again,
  • If I didn’t have the client’s email or phone number at the time the appointment was booked. Example - made a quick booking for a new client while on the phone, just enetered their name to book the appointment. Later when I add contact details, I’d like it if upcoming appointment confirmations would then go out, but seems there’s only a very limited time frame for this to happen.
    Any chance these things can or will be added? What I’d like is a ‘resend reminder’ or ‘resend confirmation’ option within the appointment info. Thanks!
15 Likes

I agree. I would love a send SMS for appointments that are made after the reminders go out!

I currently have activated booking confirmation emails for every booking type but this also only works if you have their email address…

2 Likes

Me too - I’d like a 'send reminder SMS/email" button. Mostly for when patients email asking when their appointment is - it would be faster and more idiot proof for me.

I put this in as a feature request last year, but didn’t hear anything :frowning:

4 Likes

Great! Sometimes the email address is incorrect and I’d like to be able to resend the appointment confirmation/reminder - correcting the email address of course or other content that is wrong!

Being able to ‘send’ (not just record) a communication ad hoc through Cliniko would be so amazing.

2 Likes

This feature could also help with the issue of booking a short notice appointment when they wouldn’t get the reminder email but need the forms connected to the reminder email (ie. COVID screening form) or other relevant information only contained in the reminder email. In those cases I could just “resend” their reminder email and they’d have it.

2 Likes

Agree this would be useful

2 Likes

This would be great, it was a feature of the software we have just moved away from and was on an easy drop-down to choose whether you wanted to resend sms or email.
I’m really missing this feature.

2 Likes

I agree this would be so helpful.

1 Like

I’ve just had another cause to wish this was a feature. I got a ‘Failed’ notification for a client appointment reminder, and there is no option to try a resend. I am sure that it will be a temporary problem with their email, so the option to resend a reminder would be helpful rather than having to do a manual copy/paste and send it from my own email server, which is not ideal (and also doesn’t get automatically saved into Cliniko). This should be a relatively simple feature to add, surely Cliniko? As you can see there is lots of demand for it. Thanks, Amanda

Yes, this would be great. We often get patients saying they didn’t receive a confirmation e-mail containing a link to a form. It would be nice to be able to resend it to save them searching their junk mail etc and to save us having to copy the link for the form and sending it in a new e-mail.

I would really like to see this feature too, particularly with the need for COVID screening form to be completed before attending. If they have booked at quite short notice, they will miss their appointment reminder with attached form and the process of then copying the link and sending manually is really not straightforward. Please, please include this feature.

Yes, agreed. This feature will be useful.