Providing Quotes

Hi,

We are regularly asked to provide quotes services. As far as I’m aware, there is no function for this in Cliniko, so we have been creating invoices. This has been a little problematic in terms of accounting/bookkeeping (via Xero).

Is it possible to create a quote function, that can be emailed to the client via Cliniko?

2 Likes

I second this - We are constantly being asked to provide quotes to NDIS support coordinators and plan managers so they can gauge the amount of service needed for a client/participant. Even if the quotes didn’t sync to Xero at first. Essentially just something we could generate from our billable items times by a quantity with our letterhead saying quote without being attached to “accounts receivable” like invoices are.

1 Like

Hi @NeavesMenne and @joshdcam! Thanks for the message. Sorry, I’m afraid that there’s not a built-in quoting system in Cliniko. A workaround I could suggest would be to possibly create a Letter Template and call it “Quote,” and utilise that to send a quote as a letter. This way it will be on the patient record but would not confuse your invoicing. I believe that some of our users do this as a means of sending quotes out to people. In case it is useful, you can find our guide on creating letter templates here.

We have had similar requests since the NDIS has surfaced, so I can certainly see that it would be a useful feature. The suggestion has been passed along to the team here, but I am sure that the letter suggestion above can work for now though.

I hope that helps. I’d appreciate any feedback if you have any ideas or thoughts about using the letters as quotes.

If you do have any other questions at all, please don’t hesitate to let us know! We are easiest reached from within Cliniko by clicking Help on the blue sidebar, and clicking Chat with us!

1 Like

Hey @marcus - Great suggestion to use the letter templates as a work around however I have run into a few problems with this while testing it out. Unfortunately we can’t use tables in Letter Templates which would be great so we could break up the billable items into rows and columns…

It would also be better if there was some way to call a list of our Billable Items through a merge field i.e. {{Billable-Items}} which would create a Dropdown box on the letter template. With regard to the NDIS, what we are being requested to include in quotes is:

• Service Name: i.e Speech Therapy
  • Price: - i.e. $89.63 < Set by NDIS
  • NDIS Support Category - i.e. 15_048_0128_1_3 < Used by most therapists with NDIS
  • Quantity - This is requested to estimate how many “sessions” are required over a set period

The NDIS and Support Coordinators typically want it formated in a table based format as opposed to just a list of Requirements so we’re having difficulty with that.

If it’s possible, it would be great to be able to call a billable item through a dropdown field inside the letter template, I’ve done a mockup of what this would look like. But again this is probably more difficult to implement than a simple quote system that’s similar to the way the invoice system works but without affecting the accounts receivable or any of the revenue reports.

Thanks for the suggestion though @marcus - it’s always appreciated.