Practice Revenew

The level of access for users and security customisation needs to be addressed immediately.

Quite concerned that practitioners can see the daily income for all other practitioners. I feel this is completely inappropriate and should really be addressed immediately.

No practitioner should be able to see the daily banking summary for other practitioners.

2 Likes

Hi @Kirrilee, users with the “Practitioner” role cannot see the revenue summaries for other practitioners. They can only see their own. Practitioners can view individual invoices and payments within the “Invoices” and “Payments” tab, but when it comes to reporting, they can only see their own “Practitioner revenue” reports, as mentioned here. They will not be able to run revenue summaries for other practitioners, or the clinic as a whole.

Emily

1 Like

They can however, see the daily summary of other practitioners. This is an issue that needs to be addressed.

The “Daily payments” report isn’t broken down per practitioner; only payment type and business:

While they can click the link to the payment number, it will bring them to the individual payment, which does not include the practitioner’s name. As mentioned, while they can individually look through anything within the “Invoices” tab, they cannot view payment or invoice summaries for any other practitioner.

I’d agree that it would be good if we could have more granular permissions; i.e. let practitioners see only their own individual invoices, for example. It’s something we have discussed but from a development standpoint, it’s something that’s easier said than done. That’s not to say we won’t ever make it happen; I just don’t have an ETA on it right now.

At the moment, if you wish to restrict financials from practitioners, you can disable their overall ability to create invoices/payments, along with view their own revenue reports, within your account settings. This would, however, mean they cannot create invoices or payments, either, which I understands means this restriction may be less than ideal.

Creating different levels of permissions is something we’ve discussed, but as noted, I unfortunately don’t have an ETA on when this would happen. For the time being, though, practitioners will be unable to view revenue summary whatsoever, and while they can see the “Daily payments” report, this is not broken down by practitioner.

Emily

1 Like

I agree 100%. We have been asking for more granular roles based authentication.

We are a single owner business, and 4 out of 7 staff can see our turnover.

The main problem is deleting/changing an invoice. These need roles that see too much company information. Not suitable

2 Likes

also agree that practitioner should have only access to their revenue. It can lead to some issue while negotiating with individual practitioners.