Medipass or no?

Hi everyone, Just checking to see if Medipass is being used alot and what your thoughts or findings are? We’re trying it at the moment and its been a little clumsy… Hope it gets easier when the clients return for their next visit to see if its an easier, faster process. Are there any issues that any of you are finding? Have you been able to get rid of your Hicaps machine?

1 Like

Hi @KC101. We’re only using it for Medicare and DVA claims, due to the higher fees (compared to HICAPS). We’ve tried it for the occasional Telehealth appointment and I agree that the set up process is a bit clunky. I think once you’ve got through that pain and saved all the details it’s a lot easier next time.

1 Like

ok thanks, I have to have a look at the fees again.

1 Like

Hi,

Do you know if Medipass notifies you if a Medicare claim has been declined?

1 Like

No, I log into Medipass the next day to check the claims have gone through. I’ve had a couple of instances where they are showing as unsuccessful in Medipass but when I’ve called Medicare they have been ok.

1 Like

You should receive a message if a claim is declined or ‘under review’. The problem is that if Medicare does pay the claim later, Medipass doesn’t update. It will remain as ‘under review’. That’s a nuisance.

1 Like