Managing EPCs via Cliniko

Hi All,

After advice or guidance, how are Cliniko users managing EPCs for tracking allowed visits and whether an appointment reaches a visit limit for EPCs. Our Allied Health practice needs to track this regularly, and I can’t see an easy mechanism within Cliniko to do this apart from manually using Notes and scanning the EPC.

Any ideas? Would I need to construct a Feature Request? Has this come up before?

Cheers

Process or Product for managing multiple authorised patient visits (e.g. EPC, MHCP)

Hi All, yes fully agree - currently we track manually by printing off EPC’s and noting on the paper copy each time, not ideal!

Hi. I track this a few ways, as it’s easy to come undone. My solution is clunky, but it seems to work.

*Record in the appointment notes, and

• put a note on the invoice …appt 1/5 or 2/3.

• We also have an appointment type (medicare), so when I look at the clients file, I can quickly see on the ® side of the screen in appointments, how many they have had.

I’d love to hear what others do to manage this.

Hi, I am just about change office software to Cliniko but not rushing. One reason, EPC recording. I think your idea good but not easily visible for office staff when patients make booking. I m looking for a way that when bookings are made in diary you can easily see 2/5 or 3/5 etc. Our current diary allows notes on diary booking!
Greg.

We have a large number of insurance (Axa, Bupa) clients who will be auth. say 5 sessions.
We just add the following into the notes section for the client. (it is really easily seen when viewing the clients details):

Authorisation number
Number of sessions authorised

invoice number - date of appointment - amount invoiced

Hi there,

This is definitely a feature request (that I have put in and that has been asked for by numerous people/clinics). Hoping it is something they are working towards as this is a big issue for our clinic too. Not just for EPC but for WorkCover and MVA patients also. We put total approved treatments in the note section of our patients details, then also add a note to the pts appts saying 2/5 etc as they book - it’s not foolprooof but it’s a start and as we rebook them we change to 3/5 in the appt note! This doesn’t always work of course if they cancel etc but somewhat helps us to keep track! We too have different appt types/tmt charges for the compensable pts as mentioned above and with the updated side view of previous invoices when billing also helps and prompts staff to look at pt details notes to check totals. Hope that helps

Great idea of putting the note on invoices too :+1:

Hi Taryn, where’s the details of the Feature Request already submitted? Happy to +1 it so get it raised in profile.

Has anyone Experimented with using EPCs as a “Product”? I’m toying with trying to create Patient EPCs as a Product and using that to add an EPC use as the use of a Product. Annoyances so far are that only the Product Name will appear on the invoice, so you have to stack all the EPC details into the Product Name, and there no way to attach a file to a Product, so if you want to Scan the EPC in you still have to attach it to the patient record, which is not intuitive. The manual data entry of each EPC as a new product is also painful.

There’s lots of issues I can see with this, but it seems a more efficient way to get EPC details onto an invoice and a way to track “stock” as a slightly automated process. It also points to a way that Cliniko could make this work, if they wanted to craft a Feature Request around existing functionality.

I’ll report back if this seems to work… Kinda hate having to kludge this though.

R.

We type in Patient Details:

EPC X 5 - completed
Dr. …
Provider No.
Date of referral:

1. ML 01.11.18
  2. ML 02.11.18
  3. ML 03.11.18
  4. ML 04.11.18
  5. ML 05.11.18

We mark off the Osteopath that sees the patient and the date of service and once completed we mark “completed” as example above

This info we copy straight into Patient extra info so it appears on the Invoice.

Hope this helps!

That’s also what we are doing for EPC’s. With 22 Counsellors/Psychologists each with their own Cliniko subscription, this is a feature request that would be wonderful for MHCP tracking too.

This is the method we are rolling back to as well, but it’s Kludgy as hell and too easy for people to miss appointments.

I messed around with using EPCs as Products, but the Interface is really not designed to work that way. I had to put all the EPC details into a single field, populating the EPC data was tedious, and worst of all, the only time you receive a stock warning is when the stock < 0 (i.e. on the treatment AFTER the EPC would have expired!). So not a good call.

I’d love it if the Cliniko developers might engage on providing a feature like this. EPCs, MHCPs and any other multi-visit use case should be easy enough to develop based on the Products code. Can we get some love for this or figure out how to put it in the pipeline?

I’ve written the following Feature Request - Process or Product for managing multiple authorised patient visits (e.g. EPC, MHCP). Please +1 to see if we can build some momentum.