Help with medipass Bank account allocation

Hi,

I am starting to use medipass a little for processing claims/payments and have his a small hurdle due to multiple locations.

Payments process seamlessly with them being automatically processed by NAB to the EFPTOS terminal at the location in which the consultation takes place.

Is there a way I can link the payment type in Cliniko so it allocated differently depending on what location the consult is booked at?

ie currently the Bank Settlements state the merchant name at each address (so if I do $100 at location 1 and $100 at location 2 I get 2 seperate settlements for medipass, 1 for each location, plus my settlements for regular EFTPOS payments)

Cliniko (i think) I can only have all medipass payments go to 1 payment type regardless of location. Eg EFTPOS - medipass. IS that correct?

Is there a way to link it so that medipass payments processed at 1 location automatically go to 1 payment type (eg EFTPOS/medipass location 1) and the other location is allocated to another payment type ((eg EFTPOS/medipass location 2)

Hi there,
Pete from Medipass.
Yes, it is possible to have payments from different locations directed to multiple bank accounts. If you already have multiple provider numbers registered with NAB/HICAPS, each of those can be setup to direct payment to a different bank settlement account.

You will need a unique merchant ID for each location. These merchant IDs can each have a unique settlement account. Each provider number you have (one for each physical location) can then be linked to a unique merchant ID and therefore settlement. Similar can be done for Medicare bulk bill settlements. At invoice time, you’ll need to select the appropriate provider number so that payments can be uniquely attributed.

Unfortunately, making this change is a bit tricky as it requires a change with Medipass, NAB/HICAPS and Medicare if you do that as well. You should be able to get the process started via support@medipass.com.au

1 Like

Hi Pete, thanks for your reply.

Im a little confused. At this point I am using it for Hicaps only.

In Medipass I do have the providers having their seperate provider numbers linked (when I go to staff tab I can see each has 2 location and associated provider numbers).

Also, within Cliniko each provider has their specific provider number allocated to each practice location (in Settings > Staff > Edit practitioner settings)

However, whenever a medipass payment is done from either location on my Cliniko page, the payment always goes to just the 1 merchant.

The HICAPS portion doesnt matter, because as it is the 2 locations are reconciled in 1 payment even when done via the terminals. However, the EFTPOS portion is the part that is always reconciled under the 1 merchant.

It would actually be preferable that the reconciliations used a different statement description all together, but if thats not the case then it being that the reconciliation goes to the merchant attached to that location would be better