OK, @jim and @joel won’t be surprised to see me pop up in this conversation space again, since it’s been about…hmmm…4 and a half years since we started talking about group bookings and being able to apply packages (eg. 10 visit passes etc). I was glad to find this conversation stream and find that I’m not the only one asking for it, perhaps now it might get done?
I’m still running 2 separate systems, Cliniko (for appointments in our clinic, and also for all invoicing etc), and Timely for our classes, because Timely just does packages/passes/etc SOOOO well. Only problem is it now costs me an extra $84/month to run Timely, because we’ve just added more class teachers (and will continue to do so). And that’s on a heavily discounted rate because Timely felt sorry for me in my predicament with Cliniko and discounted my subscription as a long-term customer.
How are we looking with this guys? Are you any closer to getting it tot he top of the to-do list? TBH, it just needs to get done. You’re only half-way on the functionality of group bookings. Anyone who runs a business with group sessions (like ours, and I know we’re not the only one), is getting frustrated because the functionality just isn’t there.
In summary, this is what Cliniko needs to be able to do with regards to group bookings:
- Have the ability to issue a 10 visit pass (for example) to a customer
- Be able to manage how many of those 10 visits have been used and when (ie. a “redeem visit” option when they attend the class
- Set an expiry date for the pass, and obviously alert the receptionist that their pass has expired and therefore can’t be redeemed for the class (and probably give a warning when they’re, say, 2 weeks away from expiry)
- Be able to provide an invoice as a one-click print (or email) which summarises the classes they attended so they can claim it from their health fund if applicable
- We need to have the ability to tell Cliniko which classes the customer can attend on their pass, and the total number of classes overall (eg. 10) across those classes. Some classes wouldn’t be eligible under a particular pass, so it would need to differentiate which classes were eligible
- Also need to be able to add class teachers/instructors as a different category to practitioners, because most instructors only teach 1-4 hours per week. To add them as a whole new practitioner so they can have their own booking column will very quickly push us over to the next subscription level (or even up 2 levels if there’s lots of teachers), which just isn’t cost-effective for a teacher who only comes in 1-4 hrs/wk and generates much lower profit than a full-time (or even part-time) practitioner does.
I think that’s the main functionality it would need. I’m more than happy to provide you guys with my login details to my Timely account so you can play around with the functionality if it helps, otherwise I’m sure you could set up your own Timely subscription and play around with it if you haven’t already.
We trialled running all of our classes through the group bookings feature in Cliniko last month, and entered people’s passes as account credit and used this credit each time they came in for a class, as a workaround solution. But this brought up several issues and meant it just wasn’t feasible (eg. can’t set an expiry date, can’t differentiate between account credit for 10 visit passes or anything else, and other issues as well), so we’re sticking with Timely to run our classes and pass redemptions.
REALLY hoping there’s a solution around the corner. I’m sure everyone else in this conversation stream would agree!
Speak to you soon guys.