End of Month Stock on Hand for Profit and Loss report

SVSP wrote about a Profit and Loss Statement
I am happy enough to be able to put in my sales figures, but I want to know what is the value of the stock on hand. Even carrying a small amount of stock can add up, and it is vital to know the value as you can have a lot of $$ tied up sitting on your shelf.

So its not the product revenue that I need, it’s stock value on hand, to be part of my profit and loss account.

We have multiple practitioners, and we all have our own product, rather than have 1 “shop” for all

I have entered all my items with the prefix MW (my initials) to show mine. In the admin, we have found a product report, that shows all product that has been entered into the system as a new item, and it’s stock on hand, as an Excel spreadsheet. This was quite useful because apart from 9 items from another practitioner, the rest were mine. We simply removed those 9 items and sent the remainder to me via email. So it showed me all the products that had been added to the system between 2 calendar dates - I just just need it to look at the value going foward.

I can now keep that on hand, and use it manually, by entering the stock levels at the end of each month - but it will be a slow job.

If I could ask Cliniko for a stock value report, and specify either a supplier, or a key word, I could get the value in a few clicks. This would be huge for me, and I don’t think it would be a large amount of work.

What do you think?

Regards

Staywellman

I’m really surprised no one has commented on this. How else do you manage your stock value when creating your P&L every month?