Cliniko now integrates with Google Tag Manager

Not a convert yet? You will be.

We have a fantastic new integration to share with you! :dancer:

Google Tag Manager (GTM) is now integrated with Cliniko online bookings. :tada:

GTM is a powerful platform built by Google that helps you manage and deploy your tracking tags. The platform is free to use and can be really helpful when it comes to tracking website visitors, learning more about their online journey, and reporting on successful bookings! :chart_with_upwards_trend:

The integration with GTM supports the following tags:

• Google Analytics: Universal Analytics
  • Google Ads Conversion Tracking
  • Custom Image tag (Facebook Pixel for tracking Facebook Ads)
  • AdRoll Smart Pixel
  • Bing Ads Universal Event Tracking

If you’d like to get cracking with some tracking (I’m sorry), the integration can be set up in seconds. This guide will help you get started.

If you haven’t heard of Google Tag Manager before but you’re keen to learn more about how it can help your business, Google Analytics Academy offers a free, self-paced course! http://tiny.cc/4c1yjz

:point_up: Note: Existing integrations with Google Analytics and Adroll Pixel will not be affected.

Get a quick overview of Cliniko and GTM below!

1 Like

Hey, I’m tracking conversions through analytics - is there any advantage in setting this up instead, or in addition? If in addition, and I left what I have set up now alone, would each conversion then be counted twice?

Hey @drnick :wave:

Dara here from Cliniko!

There’s no big difference in setting up Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager. The advantages of using Google Tag Manager is mostly for the ease of deployment and management of your tags. This is particularly useful if you have lots of tags. Each tag adds to the overall load-time for websites so if you’re using lots of tracking tags, the speed your website loads can be hampered a lot. GTM solves this by deploying those tags inside a single container. The day will eventually come when we stop support for Google Analytics directly but not without sufficient warning and until most people taper off using GA and move to GTM.

If you’re keen to get hooked up with GTM, I’d recommend disabling the existing GA integration as it wouldn’t be adding any value to your tracking efforts.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Dara