Black list for clients that frequently cancel or have unwanted behaviours

Anyone else would be interested in having the option to blacklist clients who aren’t regular and keep cancelling appointments? The idea is to stop them from holding spots and understanding we take our businesses seriously. My suggestion is to have an option that can be switched on or off so it’s not compulsory for all to do it. Once the system recognises name, email or phone number that is blacklisted, it will not confirm the booking and automatically send them a message advising that “Due to repeated cancellations in the past, the system will not take online bookings from them. Please call our number to speak with one of our team.” Or something around those lines.

I agree, would be useful to have an option to block patients so they cannot book

We do this by putting an * before their surname and a ‘medical alert’ on so we are aware when they book. Works fine for us. Would be happy to have another feature though

Hi, We do similar to Cathy by entering after their surname : d/w Elaine, this alerts the receptionist if the patient phones to re-book and we have a brief/non-inflammatory note in the medical alert for clinician to view details and decide who to book the patient with…or not

Thanks for the recommendation Elaine and Cathy, and I see how this could work when the client calls to book. The thing with my practice is that I have the booking system switched on pretty much the whole week, which means anyone can book at any time from anywhere. Very convenient when you are overseas or wake up in the middle of the night in pain and want to make sure you get help asap. But this also means that anyone with the wrong intentions can hold spots that the person in pain is desperately in need for, but then too late, they will book somewhere else as the spot they can book is not available at the time they are looking.
Hence why a blacklist function could work well. Once the system recognises name, email or phone number that is blacklisted, it will not confirm the booking and kindly send them a message advising that "Due to repeated cancellations in the past, the system will not take online bookings from them. Please call our number to speak with one of our team."
Done. Then we can take payment in advance, which is what I do now with clients that cancel more than 3 times in a row, and its non refundable.

People have the freedom to cancel at anytime and the therapist ends up not getting bookings. This is a loss for the clinic and the therapist. Makes sense?

Thank you Cathy for your suggestion - it is very useful and we have already utilize this.

It does STD. I think you can set a time when people can’t cancel? But I agree with what you are saying and the feature would be good

I would also add - it would be great to show a clients outstanding balance / or credit, at the point of booking (client name drop down list), so as not to book a client in who already owes money.