Billing icons have disappeared

Anyone else notice that their practitioners can no longer see the little billing icon (red note or black note). Not sure if there has been a setting change that we are unaware of??

1 Like

Yes my clinicians have noted this. We have a lot of clients that are invoiced and my clinicians are helpful in providing gentle reminders for payment so this is a frustrating change

1 Like

Hi @KOR & @jcapper,

We had a bug in Cliniko, which we’ve now rectified and that would explain the change you’re seeing.

It sounds like you have the “cannot view financials” ticked for practitioners in your Settings->General Settings area. That one prevents practitioners from viewing and creating invoices and payments, and also prevents them from seeing any financial information relating to the patient.

However, the bug meant that we were actually showing financial information to the practitioners via the invoice icons on appointments. Since practitioners shouldn’t see any financial information at all when this “cannot view financials” checkbox is ticked, this was a gap in that function. We’ve now patched it up so that the setting “cannot view financials” is more accurate in what it does!

If you have any further questions about that one, send us a message via the chat function in your Cliniko account or an email to support@cliniko.com

Matt

1 Like

Thanks Matt. This is actually going to have a significant impact on our business processes which we have built over the last 5 or 6 years relying on this ‘glitch’. I would love it if cliniko could come up with a solution that allows our pracitioners to see whether an invoice has been sent. We cannot give access to other financial information such as invoices and payments made etc as this will result in confidentiality breaches both for our clients and practitioners. We do rely on our practitioners (and we have over 60 of them) seeing this little icon as it’s another cue that they cannot change the appt time or type. We estimate that we will now have a significant increase in invoicing errors at the end of the month which will mean more time chasing up and changing payments. I’ll email support and request a solution ASAP.

1 Like

We are in the exact same boat in our organisation as well.
Appointment types are used to dictate what kind of invoice is made and our practitioners used the little icon to check if their client had been invoiced incorrectly since the practitioners are responsible for appointment types.
It is really frustrating for us now this is not in place we are putting ourselves at a higher risk for over- or under- claiming Medicare rebates.

1 Like