All-New Payment Summary Reports!


#1

In the past few months, our Payment Summary reports have timed out very often, even on the standard 14-day report that was generated when a user first clicks on the link leading to it. The cause for these frequent problems were similar to what ailed the old Practitioner Performance reports: there was too much data to go through even with an optimized query.

To solve this problem, we went with a similar solution that led us to release our new Performance reports. Our Payment Summary Reports are now asynchronous!

Now, when you click on “Payment Summary” in the Reports screen, you should see a screen much like this one (though at first it won’t have any reports in it):

Here you can select the time interval covered by the report, and click “Create Report” to begin generating it. Once the new report is ready, you will see “View” and “Delete” buttons for it as shown above. The work of generating the report now all happens in the background, and should take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. If you don’t want to wait on this screen, you can safely navigate away to do other work, and come back later to see the finished report.

When you click “View” on a generated report, you will see a screen that’s very similar to the one you’re used to:

You filter the report by business in real time, using the controls at the top of the screen. The summary table displays exactly the same data as before, but with an extra bonus: it sorts the lines alphabetically by practitioner name!

Below that you will find a detailed list of payments, as usual:

Unlike the big summary table, this list is still queried in real time from your payment data, but the list and the table will always match for a time interval that’s entirely in the past.

We hope this new report makes those dreaded “503” timeout errors a thing of the past. Happy reporting!

P.S: In the time between the new report’s release and the finishing of this release note, we found a couple of bugs that we missed while testing, and these have been fixed:

  • A bug in the report creation form always set the end date of the interval to the last day of the previous month. This was fixed and now user-entered dates are properly recognized.

  • Some reports would show duplicate payment sources in the summary table. This was actually a bug that persisted from the old version of the report to the new one. It has also been fixed.


#2

Bug Fixes for Payment Summary Report